This is only an outline of the rules. A blank lease is available for viewing under printable forms. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the rules for leasing an apartment please ask one of the leasing agents.
- A credit check must be passed by all persons wishing to lease an apartment (See credit check requirements). The application fee is $40.00, which is for each person applying over the age of 18 years old and $40.00 for married couples. This fee is non-refundable.
- A criminal background check must be passed by all persons wishing to lease an apartment (See credit check requirements).
- No more than two unrelated persons may lease a two bedroom apartment and no more than three unrelated persons may lease a three bedroom apartment.
- You must be 18 years of age.
- A lease is required (Check with rental agent as to duration required). All children or other tenants under the age of 18 must be listed on the credit application. All tenants over the age of 18 must sign the lease agreement.
- No subletting is allowed.
- Absolutely no leases may be broken. A 30 day, written notice of intent to vacate the apartment is required at the end of the lease period.
- One week’s guaranteed income must exceed or be equal to the amount of rent on the unit for which an application has been submitted. (Tips are excluded as they are not guaranteed income.) We do not accept co-signers.
- Applicants that want to live in an Apartment Mart apartment must have guaranteed employment within 60 miles.
- Previous rental history (payment as well as conduct) must prove to be satisfactory.
- Credit history must be rated satisfactory.
- Criminal background record must be rated satisfactory. We do not accept any applications with any criminal offenses.
- We do not accept applicants on Public Aid or those who receive assistance from the Section 8 Housing Program or any programs of this nature.
**Please note that when an application is submitted and a deposit has been paid, this only serves to take the unit off the rental market until proper credit history and references have proven to be acceptable. It does NOT guarantee rental of the unit until the application has been completely processed and approved by us.
**If an application is approved by us and you then decide you don’t want the apartment, you forfeit the deposit that was paid to take the unit off the rental market. An application fee is non-refundable for any reason.
**Please review the rules, lease agreement, and understand the above credit requirements before filling out and signing your application. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the credit requirements please ask one of our rental agents.
Apartment Mart provides high speed internet service to the following locations:
- The Ponds - 2101-2303 G. E. Road
- 1285-1299 Healing Stone Court
- 1801-1807 Tullamore Avenure
- Wingover Luxury Apartments and Townhomes
- 41, 60 and 70 Yotzonot Drive
If you live at one of these locations and have questions or concerns regarding the internet service, please call Connectivity U at (309) 451-4200.
Apartment Mart provides 24 hour service to all residents in the event of an emergency. Please call (309) 827-8579 for immediate service if any of the following situations occur:
- No heat or a/c
- Broken or frozen pipes
- Electrical problems
- Clogged drains that don’t plunge free
- Lock-outs ($45.00 charge)
- Health threatening situations
All non-emergency maintenance problems should be called into the Apartment Mart office at (309) 827-8576 from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Saturdays and 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM on Sundays.
All automobiles parked on Apartment Mart’s property must be in operable condition and have current license plates and tags. Failure to comply will result in notice and/or towing of the automobile at the tenant’s expense.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding assigned parking please call the Apartment Mart office during regular office hours.
Tenants agree not play any musical instrument, stereo, radio or television set before 8:00 AM or after 10:00 PM loud enough to be heard by other tenants or violate any regulation of the Board of Health, City Ordinances, or State Laws of whatever nature.
You may report noise complaints to the Apartment Mart leasing office and we will address them accordingly.
Once your rental application is processed and approved we will call or email you to confirm your move in date. The apartment will be painted and cleaned and the carpet will be cleaned before you move in. You will need to come to the Apartment Mart office at 912 N Linden Street on your move in date to sign the lease and addendums, pay all rent that is due and collect the keys. You must come in during our regular office hours.
We do not move tenants in on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
You must give a written 30 day notice to vacate prior to moving out of your apartment. Once we process your notice to vacate we will mail the move out checklist to you. It is your responsibility to complete the items on the move out checklist. Once the apartment is vacant and keys are returned to the office we will inspect the apartment. After the inspection it takes a minimum of 30 days to refund the security deposit.